header ads

FUTURE TENSE, DEFINITION, STRUCTURE & EXAMPLES


SIMPLE FUTURE (FUTURE INDEFINITE) TENSE
The simple future tense is used when an action is promised/thought to occur in the future.
Structure:
Subject + shall/will + verb +  . . . . . . . .
Example:
We shall move to another city.
He will come to New York tomorrow.
They will make a phone which has artificial intelligence.
Note: The structure of the present progressive tense also can be used when an action is promised/arranged/planned to take place in the near future.
Example:
We are moving to Texas next week.
The bus is leaving at 6.00 PM.
Examples of Simple Future Tense
Simple Future Tense Examples
I will write articles on different topics.
Robert will read various kinds of books.
They will play football in that field.
April will prefer coffee to tea.
Bob will go to the library tomorrow.
We will go shopping in that market this Monday.
We will watch a movie in this Cineplex on next Friday.
You will shop at that market tomorrow.
I will sing different kinds of songs, especially modern.
I will attend a program of my varsity on Friday.
Jeff will travel around the world in March.
They will play hockey in that field on Thursday.
The poet will write a romantic poem for this program.
The lyricist will write a realistic song.
Will you go to the concert of realistic songs?
I will not attend the program because of my busy schedule.
Robin will join us in the meeting.
I will help him to do the task.
We will go to enjoy the musical drama.
I will arrange all the necessary materials for the program.
FUTURE CONTINUOUS TENSE
The future continuous tense is used when an action is promised/thought to be going on at a specific time/context in the future.
 Structure:
Subject + shall/will + be + verb+ing . . . . . . . .
Example:
I shall be sleeping at around 6.00 AM tomorrow.
They will be playing at this time tomorrow.
She will be watching TV when I come home.
I will be working in the office while you watch a movie.
Examples of Future Continuous Tense
Future Continuous Tense Examples
I will be writing articles on different topics.
Robert will be reading various kinds of books.
They will be playing football in that field.
April will be having coffee in this coffee shop.
Bob will be going to the library.
We will be shopping in that market this Monday.
We will be watching a movie in this Cineplex on next Friday.
You will be shopping at that market tomorrow.
I will be singing different kinds of songs, especially modern.
I will be attending a program of my varsity on Friday.
Jeff will be traveling around the world in March.
They will be playing hockey in that field on Thursday.
The poet will be writing a romantic poem for the program.
The lyricist will be writing a realistic song for the film.
Will you be going to the concert of realistic songs?
I will not be attending the program because of my busy schedule.
Robin will be joining us at the meeting.
I will be helping him to do the task.
We will be going to enjoy the musical drama.
I will be arranging all the necessary materials for the program.
FUTURE PERFECT TENSE
The future perfect tense is used to demonstrate an action which is promised to be done by a certain time in the future.
Structure:
Subject + shall/will + have + verb in the past participle . . . . . . . .
Example:
I shall have completed the assignment by Monday.
She will have cleaned the house before her father comes.
Alex will have submitted the tender by tomorrow.
Before I go to see her, she will have left the place.
They will have finished making the bridge by January.
EXAMPLES OF FUTURE PERFECT TENSE
I will have written articles on different topics before you come.
Robert will have read various kinds of books.
They will have played football in that field before you reach.
April will have gone to the coffee shop before she comes here.
Bob will have gone to the library before he comes to the class.
We will have shopped in that market before you come home.
We will have watched a movie in this Cineplex before you come.
You will have shopped at that market before we come.
I will have sung different kinds of songs before you join us.
I will have attended the program before I come here.
Jeff will have traveled around the world before he comes to Bangladesh.
They will have played hockey in that field before you reach.
The poet will have written a romantic poem before the program starts.
The lyricist will have written a realistic song for the film.
Will you have gone to the concert of the realistic songs before I come?
I will not have attended the program because of my busy schedule.
Robin will have joined us at the meeting before you reach.
I will have helped him to do the task before the class starts.
We will have enjoyed the musical drama before the game show starts.
I will have arranged all the necessary materials before the program starts.
FUTURE PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
Note: There is no practical use of this tense.
EXAMPLES OF FUTURE PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
I will have been written articles on different topics before you come.
Robert will have been reading various kinds of books on this topic.
They will have been playing football in that field before you reach.
April will have been gossiping in the coffee shop before she comes here.
Bob will have been studying in the library before he comes to the class.
We will have been shopping in that market before you come home.
We will have been watching a movie in the Cineplex before you come.
You will have been shopping in that market before we come.
I will have been singing different kinds of songs before you join us.
I will have been attending the program before I come here.
Jeff will have been traveling around the world before he comes to Bangladesh.
They will have been playing hockey in that field before you reach.
The poet will have been writing a romantic poem before the program starts.
The lyricist will have been writing a realistic song for the film.
Will you have been going to the concert of the realistic songs before I come?
I will not have been attending the program before I finish this job.
Robin will have been joining us at the meeting before you reach.
I will have been helping him to do the task before the class starts.
We will have been enjoying the musical drama before the game show starts.
I will have been arranging all the necessary materials before the program starts.

Post a Comment

0 Comments