The verbs have and has are used to say what people own or possess. They are also used to talk about things that people do or get, such as illnesses. These words are the simple present tense of the verb have. For example:
Peter has a sore knee.
We have breakfast at 7:00 A.M.
Monkeys have long tails.
He has a lot of stamps.
She has long hair.
Our house has large windows.
I have a younger brother.
We have art lessons on Mondays.
Have a cookie, if you like.
Dad has a cold.
Jenny often has sandwiches for lunch.
Use has with he, she, it, and with singular nouns. Use have with I, you, we, they, and with plural nouns. Here is a table to help you remember the rules:
Singular Plural
First person: I have - we have
Second person: you have - you have
Third person: he has- they have, she has - they have, it has - they have
Learn these contractions:
I have = I’ve
you have = you’ve
he has = he’s
she has = she’s
it has = it’s
we have = we’ve
they have = they’ve
have not = haven’t
has not = hasn’t