header ads

THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE


I. POSITIVE/AFFIRMATIVE
SUB + BE (AM, IS, ARE) + VERB + -ING + (OBJ)
-I am learning English at the moment.
-We are playing tennis now.
-You are having a shower right now.
-He is driving his car.
-She is cooking in the kitchen.
-It is shining brightly.
-They are transplanting rice.
-Mary is sitting at the table.
-John is singing in the club.
NB:
-I am = I’m
-He is =He’s
-She is = She’s
-It is = It’s
-We are = We’re
-You are =You’re
-They are = They’re
II. NEGATIVE
SUB + BE (AM, IS, ARE) + NOT + VERB +-ING+ (OBJ)
-I am not playing foot
-She is not writing a letter this time.
-He is not driving a car.
-It is not raining.
-They are not playing the pia
-Jane is not sleeping.
-Peter is not speaking Chinese.
NB:
-I am not = I’m not
-He is not =He isn’t
-She is not = She isn’t
-It is not = It isn’t
-We are not = We aren’t
-You are not =You aren’t
-They are not = They aren’t
III.QUESTION/INTERROGATIVE
1-Yes / No Question
BE (AM, IS, ARE) + SUB + VERB + -ING + (OBJECT)?
-Are you listening to me now?            
+Yes, I am. / No, I’m not.
-Am I drinking too much?                 
+Yes, you are. / No, you aren’t.
-Are we dancing right now?            
+Yes, we are. / No, we aren’t.
-Are they working in the garden?       
+Yes, they are. / No, they aren’t.
-Is he listening to music?                    
+Yes, he is. / No, he isn’t.
-Is she laughing at the moment?        
+Yes, she is. / No, she isn’t.
-Is your cat eating its food?                
2-Wh-Question
WH-WORD + BE (AM, IS, ARE) + SUB + VERB +-ING+ (OBJ)?
-What are you doing now?                     
+I am studying English.
-Why are you learning English?            
+Because I need it for my job.
-What are you cooking?                         
+I am cooking dinner.
-Why are you coming here?              
+Because we want to meet you.
-Where is she going?                              
+She is going to school.
-What is he writing?                               
+He is writing a letter.
-Why is John crying?                              
+Because he is broken-hearted.
-What is Mary doing now?                     
+She is making a coffee.
-How are they feeling?                           
+They are feeling good.

Post a Comment

0 Comments