header ads

THE SIMPLE FUTURE TENSE


The simple future tense is very easy to make and is very useful. 
-Here's the positive form (it's just 'will' + infinitive):
-I will meet him later (I'll ..)
-You will come (you'll..)
-It will rain tomorrow (it'll)
-She will be late (she'll..)
-He will help us later (he'll..)
-We will get married in September (we'll)
-They will cook dinner (they'll..)
The short form: 'll is very, very common, and is almost always used when speaking. It's really much more natural to say 'I'll' instead of 'I will'. Here's some help with the pronunciation:
Click here to study the use of the future simple tense.
-I'll meet him later
-You'll come
-It'll rain tomorrow
-She'll be late
-He'll help us later
-We'll get married in September
-They'll cook dinner
Next, here's the negative form (just add 'not' - remember will not = won't):
-I will not go (I won't ..)
-You will not be late (you won't ..)
-It will not snow tomorrow (it won't..)
-She will not get the job (she won't..)
-He will not pass the exam (he won't ..)
-We will not come (we won't..)
-They will not stop (they won't ..)
Finally, here's the question:
'yes / no' questions:
Will I go?
Will you come early?
Will it be cold?
Will she dance?
Will he arrive soon?
Will we cook?
Will they leave?
'wh' questions:
Where will I go?
Why will you come early?
When will it be cold?
Who will she dance with?
What time will he arrive?
What will we cook?
When will they leave?

Post a Comment

0 Comments